I agree with Leviathan . . . (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, September 06, 2015, 14:54 (3165 days ago) @ Kermit

Well, the fact that it was true in some cases gives Bungie an out to an extent. They didn't lie. And they probably honestly believed it to be truer more often than it ended up being.

I agree with this. I think they were mainly thinking along the lines of the VoG weapons. While no, you don't actually get them from defeating Atheon, it's close enough as to make no difference.

This has to do with legacy expectations, and this is why I think DeeJ and urk had among the hardest jobs in the gaming industry leading up to Destiny's launch. Many of us complained about not being given much information about the story before launch, but we heard enough relative to how much was there. We projected the rest. (My current theory is that the ten-year narrative will surpass anything they've done before, but Destiny year 1 was focused on setting the stage.)

I also agree with this. As I said before, being the developers of Halo definitely put a lot of expectations on Bungie and Destiny, things they never said would happen. Biggest thing that comes to my mind is the absence of Forge or Theater, which it seems like many folks expected just because they did it in Halo.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread