Missed my point completely (Gaming)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, September 06, 2015, 19:20 (3165 days ago) @ car15
edited by General Vagueness, Sunday, September 06, 2015, 19:27

Who has actually left the forums because of me?

I didn't leave the forum, but I engaged in it very little, and just recently I've been getting back into it more. That's partly because I used to read nearly every thread and post and usually didn't even skim, and I stopped caring that much and having that much time. It's also in large part because of the negativity and because of how widespread and uniform it was (the same, IDK, three or so things over and over). A lot of that was not from you, but from people like you. Some of it was from you, and you did not help the atmosphere and the tone of the forum.

It's sad. I was here before you, as I said I used to read everything so I saw all your posts, and I recently looked back at some old threads, so I can say with confidence: you were positive and contributory at first, and then you turned nasty when the game came out, and you stayed that way despite several extended breaks.

It's the Cody Miller problem without the suggestions or the interesting (if not original) criticism or the interesting counter-arguments-- you get going and suddenly it's all about you and it's all negative.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread