Something to think about. (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, September 06, 2015, 18:43 (3164 days ago) @ scarab

I believe it is easy to group people together on a forum, especially when harsh tones are being used.

You do give constructive criticism, Scarab, but you also rarely ever post anything outside of that. When that sort of frequency happens, it becomes a challenge to not let you blend in with others who only jump in to twist the knife when something 'scandalous' happens.

In an almost reverse of what IconicBanana did, you've pinned him to the opposite wall - saying that he never criticizes and looks down on those that do.

But both of you are generalizing. I've seen Scarab post positive and I've see IconicBanana criticize.

...I think in this situation it's important to note something.

People bring up the website's name all the time. "Hey, it's called DESTINY.Bungie.Org." or "Dude, it's called Destiny.BUNGIE.Org." but one I rarely see is:

"It's called "Destiny.Bungie.ORG".

We're just people. I think everyone should remember that, when writing a post, the primary audience of it will be me, and him, and you, it's all of us here. Yes, Bungie may read this forum every once in a while (or perhaps very rarely, I don't know ), but this place shouldn't be just a springboard at a chance to talk to Bungie. It should be a community first. When a DBO user sits down to type something, that's who they're speaking to.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread