Pro controller. (Gaming)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 09:06 (2262 days ago) @ stabbim

It needs to be about 10 times more durable than the standard controller to be worth $150 to me. I don't even care about how it feels to play initially so much - I'm just tired of having to replace or perform surgery on controllers.

In my opinion, it does feel about 10 times more durable than the standard controller. I can't imagine anything on it breaking without some serious intentional abuse. It feels so much more hefty, and the fact that the triggers, thumbstick shafts, and paddles are made from stainless steel instead of plastic makes such a difference.

One thing that bothers me about my high-end Scuf controller is that the thumbsticks have worn down because the rubber is too soft. I actually bought some Scuf thumbsticks for my Elite controller because at first I liked the Scuf versions better... But after using both extensively, I have gone back to using the standard Elite thumbsticks and they have shown no signs of wearing anytime soon.

Another thing worth noting about the Elite controller is the way the paddles work...
At first I was quite bothered that the paddle activation was so sensitive. Anytime I put the controller down on the armrest or my thigh, the paddles would activate and my character would start jumping. However, since I prefer to only use two paddles anyway (one for sprinting and the other for jumping in most games), and since the Elite controller allows you have two different button-mapping settings, and switch between them by just toggling the switch in the middle, I have it set so that on Setting 1, two paddles activate L3 and A respectively, and the other two paddle locations don't activate anything, while Setting 2 has all of the paddles inactive -- so when I am about to set my controller down and go get a snack, I can easily toggle between having the paddles activated and deactivated by just flipping that switch. So, basically it's an initial annoyance that I have kind of turned into a positive

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread