Pro controller. (Gaming)

by squidnh3, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 10:05 (2257 days ago) @ Speedracer513

In my opinion, it does feel about 10 times more durable than the standard controller. I can't imagine anything on it breaking without some serious intentional abuse. It feels so much more hefty, and the fact that the triggers, thumbstick shafts, and paddles are made from stainless steel instead of plastic makes such a difference.

What I'm most happy about with mine is that the sticks and sockets are still in pristine condition. On previous controllers that's always what wore out first for me, especially with playing a click-the-stick-to-sprint game like Destiny. Mapping sprint to a paddle has certainly helped with this.

However, I did manage to wear out a paddle recently. While the paddles themselves are very nice, the buttons they press are apparently not especially robust. The one I wore out was the lower right paddle, which I was using for "jump" - it got a tremendous amount of use. Basically the little button that is inset inside the bottom has become de-centered, which prevents the "click" when you press it, so sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, which means it doesn't work.

I've also heard that some people have trouble with the bumpers, but I've never had that issue on any Xbox controller. I think it all depends on how/where exactly you are pressing them.

What I've heard people do with the Elites is get them from Best Buy, and get the $20 warranty-2 year. If something goes wrong, they will just replace it with a new one (and then you just buy a new warranty).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread