Foolish consistency (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 13:56 (2251 days ago) @ Avateur

The analogy didn’t work to begin with. My elephant memory to 343 hardly applies to anything or anyone else in my life when I am slighted. Your ex had serious trust issues seemingly applied to everyone and everything in her life across the board if I’m understanding your story correctly.

Sure, and I wasn't presuming all that about you, despite Korny referring to my "Avateur" ex. To be more explicit about why I brought it up, there's nothing irrational or wrong with losing trust in a person or entity based on their behavior. I do think it can be unhealthy to hold grudges or not acknowledge the possibility you might be wrong or not see the potential for change or notice the good that's there along with the flaws. It's also not cool to cast aspersions on those who've had different experiences than you have had, especially in regards to something like a video game, especially one which obviously provided different experiences to different people, as was acknowledged before you entered the discussion. Your predictable entry into the discussion did bring to mind my ex, though, in this way: I was often in the position where courtesy demanded I be polite to someone or another with whom she happened to be quarreling, and she would go off on me, saying I was too nice to person X. I feel like you've been having a quarrel with 343 for more than five years, and no one around here is allowed to say an encouraging word in their direction without you going off.

Claude has weighed in and I don't think it's fair to you to keep discussing this here, but if you want to email me, that's fine.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread