Huh? (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, February 21, 2018, 08:01 (2228 days ago) @ Dundre

Connectivity issues: My controller worked fine in this regard for about thirteen months. Incidentally that is the warranty period in my country. It disconnects all the time now.. That can result in input lag, or the really annoying "your controller is disconnected" prompt. It does not like it when my rechargeable batteries are low (less then three bars). Then it freaks out. I think the battery connectors are a bit loose too, but I don´t feel it is safe to do some kind of macgyver fix. The real bummer is that the usb connector actually *also* have bad tolerances. I never used it until it started running unreliably on batteries, so I never noticed before. I have one or two usb cables that kinda works with it (the cable that came with it is not even the best one).

Realistic solution? Read all the support stuff about software, and drivers, resetting and recalibrating your device. Then give up. Wireless is just a lot messier than it use to be. Maybe buy a quality battery pack, with a proprietary connector. Maybe they use the different set of pins. Turn the xbox on before the controller. Hold the battery pack while you turn it on, for good measure, while it syncs. Then, maybe it will only disconnect once every hour. But, this is speculation. At least I can use it on my next controller, when my elite inevitably fails.

Another solution might be to just plug it in. Not everyone has an actual need to be wireless, and wired is better/less of a hassle in some ways. No batteries to deal with, and less latency.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread