Master Chief Collection? (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, February 25, 2018, 19:49 (2252 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I didn't realize this, but they're updating it.

It will include visual enhancements for Xbox One X.

Already the 360 games look great, so I'm curious.

I'll be interested if it means I can finally play Halo 2 Anniversary in coop.

Because I haven't, not ever, not once, no matter what I do, been able to get into a coop game.

Really? I ask because I thought I did that. I'd be willing to experiment any time.

I tell a small lie.

I have been invited into a coop game by Nomis and played for a few hours. Once. Failure every other time.

I've tried hosting with my wife, failure. She tries hosting, failure. Had another friend host, failure. Tried hosting them, failure. Brother, failure. Uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, failure. Uninstalled the game and installed from my wife's disc, failure.

Halo 2 in coop is a no-go no matter what I do or have attempted. I know I'm not alone, Google has proven that much. What it hasn't done is ever provide anything close to a solution or even a cause.

What's outrageous, is all the people I've attempted to play with? No problems getting into coop. It's just me.

I hear stories like this regarding MCC all the time. There are countless specific problems that most players never run into, but a sizeable portion of the player base hits all the time. And the players that don’t experience that exact problem run into some other problem that most players don’t face.

This trend, combined with the way these issues caught 343 thoroughly off guard and have proven near-impossible to fix make me wonder if there’s actually some sore of hardware compatibility issue going on. I know virtually nothing about networking, servers, modems, or how any of those elements interact with each other, but I can’t help but wonder if there is something bizarre going on in that area.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread