Elite Dangerous and other miscellaneous. (Gaming)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 16:08 (2250 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'm not sure about the game balance now, but if you decide to go bounty hunting I highly recommend a Diamondback Scout. It's a super-maneuverable ship which lets you punch way above your weight-class when you get good at flying it. I also highly recommend joining a wing with someone your first time out so they can maybe bail you out. I found bounty hunting to be more lucrative than trading (and more fun!) early on but the game has been rebalanced quite a bit since then. In particular the Engineers update may have made it quite a bit harder.

A slightly cheaper (3.5 million probably) alternative to the Asp Explorer is the Diamondback Explorer. The DBX is unfortunately not nearly as fun to fly as the scout though.

(In fact I may have to jump back into the game and build a new DBS, my old one was so much fun and I think I have enough extra credits for one.)

I always wanted to love the Diamondback, and it just never happened. Used one for mining for a little while, bought another to try in combat for a spell, never really clicked either way.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread