Durability (Gaming)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 10:13 (2264 days ago) @ Speedracer513

It needs to be about 10 times more durable than the standard controller to be worth $150 to me. I don't even care about how it feels to play initially so much - I'm just tired of having to replace or perform surgery on controllers.

In my opinion, it does feel about 10 times more durable than the standard controller. I can't imagine anything on it breaking without some serious intentional abuse. It feels so much more hefty, and the fact that the triggers, thumbstick shafts, and paddles are made from stainless steel instead of plastic makes such a difference.

I've had two problems with mine since I bought it - that's a ridiculously low incidence, compared to standard controllers.

I had to replace one bumper (shoulder button) that I broke ($10 part on eBay, surgery involved, not hard), and this:

[image]

The rubber on my grips is starting to come apart. It started as just the little lip you can see at the top - but over the past month, it's separating at the split farther and farther down. I can't figure out how to get it back in; I guess I could put glue on the back and just hold it in place until it held... but the tiny lip will NOT compress properly to fit back in (at least not with any tools I have).

I'm a bit worried about it, tbh.

(That said, I'd guess I'd have gone through 3 controllers in the time I've been using this - I'm pretty rough on them. So it's definitely been worth it.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread