ditto (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Sunday, February 25, 2018, 20:59 (2252 days ago) @ Avateur

Surely they never knew of the crashing, UI issues, H2 player icon issues, and holy cow how long should I keep going? My list is nowhere near started. But sure, it all caught them by so much surprise.

Of course they probably knew about those issues. Everything I said about “surprise” was specifically with regards to the networking issues. I said as much in my post.

They probably were aware of those issues, which are not excusable but relatively minor all things considered. I’m sure they were planning to address them as soon as they could, but then when the game came out and they realized how fucking broken multiplayer was and how much work it would take to fix it, their priorities changers

Korny has listed a mere two lies, btw. No need to get a list going with those. This new adorable PR push of theirs is already misleading on a number of levels. Don’t be fooled.

I can’t remember what the 14 day but and play thing was about, and google isn’t turning up results. As far as Frank’s “nobody at 343 could have known” thing, I wouldn’t be so quick to call that a lie. Poor choice of words, perhaps. But as I said before, the little whispers I’ve heard from various places all point to the network troubles being genuine surprise to 343. So maybe Frank shouldn’t have said they “couldn’t” have known, because instead that they “didn’t” know. Or perhaps, he used the exact right words. In my experience, Frank is the last person to ever expect BS corporate talk from. If anything, he’s the guy who’s too honest and up-front for Microsoft’s liking. When I hear Frank say “343 COULDN’T have known”, what I’m really hearing is that there was something else involved outside of the studio.

Again, none of this excuses the state of the game. I really have no interest in playing the blame game (other than simply wanting to fulfill my curiosity about what happened behind the scenes). But acting like 343 is out to screw you is just plainly immature. I’m not saying you or anyone else should “trust” them. I certainly don’t. But my feelings towards 343 come down to the quality of their work. I don’t trust them to ship a game that I will enjoy, or one that performs technically as well as I’d want (Halo 4 and 5 were largely good in that area, but MCC is a pretty darn big blemish on their record).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread