ditto (Gaming)

by Avateur @, Sunday, February 25, 2018, 18:10 (2252 days ago) @ Korny

Got my money's worth within a month easily.

Using a limited experience to imply that something is fine is kind of dumb, no? “I didnt use the networking features for the game, so I don’t know why people claimed that they didn’t work! The game was fine for me! Hork hork!”
Well, the vast majority of people who wanted the MCC wanted the multiplayer elements of it to work, and they didn’t, so the population plummeted. That’s why 343 ditched the population display.

I also just stated in my last post that it was close to half a year until I could even get campaign to work. It wouldn’t allow me to play more than 30 minutes to an hour without the whole game crashing on itself. It still did when I tried some last year, btw, just not anywhere near as frequently. I also barely touch that trash anymore. I get asked to go on occasionally, but yeah, that game is a disaster. Not that the apologists like to recognize all the broken things with H4 and MCC. Or the lies and false advertising.

Regarding the so-called lying, etc., 343 has stumbled here and there (and took steps to correct their mistakes), sure, and I'm not the biggest fan of where they've taken the franchise, but ascribing evil intent to their actions and ranting about them whenever anyone mentions them repetitively for years on end, that's downright pathological.

“So-called”, “stumbled”. Using terms to downplay facts is also dumb. There was no “so-called” lying. They’ve lied. Like the 14-Day Buy & Play? It was acknowledged as a mistake, the cause was identified, THEN 343 ran with the stupid “it was all part of a super-secret program all along!” narrative that was meant to imply that they don’t make mistakes.

“Took steps to correct their mistakes”? My ass. It’s been nearly four years, the thing still has major issues, and they still aren’t going to try to fix a long list of what is wrong with MCC, as my December post quote stated. I mean, that new announcement—dedicated servers? That was announced at launch! 300k, and the power of the cloud! So was that a lie, too? We’re only now gonna get that as an announced thing to this newer better working version they are allegedly promising us? So what did we have before in the busted version? But hey, so-called lies, right?

If other people didn’t feel the same way, Halo wouldn’t be a past-its-prime franchise limping along like the half-deflated balloons at their Championships.

Or the barely above 1k viewers on Twitch during it. Halo’s pretty dead lol

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread