ditto (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, February 25, 2018, 17:14 (2252 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Korny, Sunday, February 25, 2018, 17:36

Got my money's worth within a month easily.

Using a limited experience to imply that something is fine is kind of dumb, no? “I didnt use the networking features for the game, so I don’t know why people claimed that they didn’t work! The game was fine for me! Hork hork!”
Well, the vast majority of people who wanted the MCC wanted the multiplayer elements of it to work, and they didn’t, so the population plummeted. That’s why 343 ditched the population display.

Regarding the so-called lying, etc., 343 has stumbled here and there (and took steps to correct their mistakes), sure, and I'm not the biggest fan of where they've taken the franchise, but ascribing evil intent to their actions and ranting about them whenever anyone mentions them repetitively for years on end, that's downright pathological.

“So-called”, “stumbled”. Using terms to downplay facts is also dumb. There was no “so-called” lying. They’ve lied. Like the 14-Day Buy & Play? It was acknowledged as a mistake, the cause was identified, THEN 343 ran with the stupid “it was all part of a super-secret program all along!” narrative that was meant to imply that they don’t make mistakes.

Nobody has said that they have evil intent, but they made a lot of stupid decisions, handled their mistakes in idiotic ways, and are finally making a concerted effort to add value to their investment. They acknowledged this.
And while I do think that a lot of what they did with the Halo franchise is outright retarded, I’m not a purist who lets that taint the lens with which I judge them as a company (I thought the Grunt mech was hilarious, and a good move).

If other people didn’t feel the same way, Halo wouldn’t be a past-its-prime franchise limping along like the half-deflated balloons at their Championships.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread