My Elite Controller Broke (Gaming)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 10:07 (2257 days ago) @ Xenos

By bumpers do you mean the under-side controls or the shoulder buttons? The underside controls press a small plastic switch using metal levers (which is why you can easily remove them if you don't want 1 or more of them). The shoulder buttons are definitively plastic and will break. That's what happened to my Elite controller after ~2 years of heavy use. My wife's elite doesn't get used as heavily and is still just fine. The overall build quality of the controllers is great, but the triggers and shoulder buttons aren't up to the rest of the build quality IMO.

Unfortunately, the warranty on the controllers runs out after 3 months. Take it in to customer service at a MS store if it does break, they might help you out like they did me. At the very least, the more customers report a particular issue the more likely it is that future versions of the controller may have improved durability.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread