Elite Dangerous and other miscellaneous. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 16:30 (2250 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I really enjoy Elite Dangerous, even more than I anticipated. I saved up enough for a Cobra Mk. III, and it's cool. I put a passenger compartment in and have been doing passenger missions, and I just started taking illegal passengers on long tourism journeys, which has been interesting. It's honestly strange how compelling taking a passenger to some out of the way spot 200 LY away is. It's a long journey that really is a whole bunch of nothing and repeated jumps, but I really enjoy it. I'm looking into saving up for something else to deck out for deep space exploration, so I can then kit out something else (maybe the Cobra) to hunt some bounties.

I'm going to give it another week or two before I make the decision, but I honestly am enjoying the game enough that I'm looking into getting the HOTAS for it. I also really want to get a decent wheel set up for Forza 7, which I keep dipping back into. I don't have a bunch of room, so I'm looking at custom set ups and trying to design one that can incorporate a chair with the HOTAS mounted on either side, just like the cockpit in Elite, with a wheel setup as well that can be moved and stored in the corner when not in use. I don't have the floor space for a permanent station, but making something that can be moved without a bunch of setup and tear down, while also storing at least somewhat neatly looks like a bit of a challenge, but there are some good ideas floating around out there.

I highlighted the game on the deals post that I made just now, though I ran out of time to mention that the Commander Deluxe edition of the game is on sale for $30!

Should make your HOTAS investment more worthwhile. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread