Pro controller. (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 09:47 (2261 days ago) @ Speedracer513

In my opinion, it does feel about 10 times more durable than the standard controller. I can't imagine anything on it breaking without some serious intentional abuse. It feels so much more hefty, and the fact that the triggers, thumbstick shafts, and paddles are made from stainless steel instead of plastic makes such a difference.

Bumpers, too? It looks that way from most of the pictures I'm seeing, but some of them look like the bumpers are still black? Might just be lighting.

I'm curious how far that metal construction extends if so. What typically breaks for me on a standard controller is part of the joint where the bumpers flex. I'm not sure if that part would (or could) be made out of metal. If the joint is even assembled the same way on those, which it might not be. Perhaps I should find a teardown video.

Good call on the thumbstick shafts. When I repaired a couple of my controllers recently, I realized that the left stick shaft on one of them was worn down so badly that it was actually binding on the edge of the controller shell, and that was making it get stuck at the furthest travel point.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread