Forza 7. (Gaming)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, February 16, 2018, 21:29 (2259 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm a little bummed/confused about the way they roll out new cars. I don't mind the collection tiers, but I don't like that they've hidden certain cars away behind showcase events or whatever. I can't buy a Shelby GT350R, one of my favorites from Forza 6, or the 2000 Cobra R (the same body style as my actual Mustang) because they're locked away behind some special event or something (I don't actually understand all of that yet, it brings up a whole list of shit that could potentially unlock it).

I have a particular friend who I play Forza with the most, who has ALWAYS bought the 2000 Cobra R first (or at least as soon as he had the money) in these games. Needless to say, he's not fond of that system either. :)

*side note* That thing really is a phenomenal track car, especially for a Mustang from that era.

If it helps, I'm pretty certain that the Cobra R is unlocked in one of the Autocross events. I remember doing it. Not really sure on the GT350R - I actually don't think I have one of those.

Most of the time, it does feel really good when you get those cars. I find it fun actually using the car I'm after to do the required event. I just wish they were all open to do from the beginning instead of having to get to whatever championship they're part of first.

Just FYI, there seem to be certain events that don't show up until after you've completed the initial campaign - meaning winning the "Forza Driver's Cup." After I had done that, I started going back through and doing some of the events I'd skipped, and I found an event to get an F40 Competizione. Now, as I mentioned earlier, I have a particular fondness for that car, and I haven't been able to drive one in Forza for quite some time. It simply is not possible that I would have skipped over it. And each championship now has at least 1 event that I don't remember seeing before.

Some of those unavailable cars might also show up at the "specialty dealer," which has an ever-changing stock of 4 vehicles. I have definitely seen some vehicles for sale there which I could not locate in the normal buying area. It might even be that ALL the cars seen in the specialty dealer aren't available to buy normally - amazingly, I've been too lazy to actually bother confirming that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread