ditto (Gaming)

by Avateur @, Sunday, February 25, 2018, 21:24 (2252 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Avateur, Sunday, February 25, 2018, 21:35

Again, none of this excuses the state of the game. I really have no interest in playing the blame game (other than simply wanting to fulfill my curiosity about what happened behind the scenes). But acting like 343 is out to screw you is just plainly immature. I’m not saying you or anyone else should “trust” them. I certainly don’t. But my feelings towards 343 come down to the quality of their work. I don’t trust them to ship a game that I will enjoy, or one that performs technically as well as I’d want (Halo 4 and 5 were largely good in that area, but MCC is a pretty darn big blemish on their record).

I never said they were out to screw me. That doesn’t change the fact that they did screw me and countless other consumers. That doesn’t mean they didn’t know and yet still release an absolutely busted product followed by other wildly inaccurate and outright false promises and expectations. On top of their H4 transgressions. Or the almost entirely misleading marketing campaign for H5. They’re good at lying, their games end up very busted or missing a bunch of features that take years to fix or be provided, and they’re a bad company. Bungie’s mistakes and shadiness still are nothing in comparison. It’s started coming close and making me worried if they deserve the 343 treatment, but their games actually work. Plus, we may have a Taken King type thing on the way. Worked wonders for D1. Not much Destiny stuff worth talking these days, but oh man is there hope for the future. 343? Halo is dead and died years ago.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread