My post on atmos (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 17:28 (2249 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Thanks!

I actually read that last night before posting (I remembered someone posting about it), but there weren’t many other thoughts in that thread, so I was looking for some other impressions now that it’s been around a while. I downloaded the app and stated the trial. I don’t notice a huge difference in Elite (things do sound a little punchier maybe? Or maybe I’m just focusing too much and looking for a difference). I also redownloaded Rise of the Tomb Raider which has official support, so I think I’ll play a bit of that tonight.

Ah, in most games that only support 5.1 or 7.1, it's not going to sound much better than any of the surround sound amps that handled those formats for you. It just means you don't need those amps.

It's in games like Tomb Raider or Overwatch which specifically support Atmos that it becomes actually better.

I honestly use my A50s with it's surround sound processing turned off with Atmos. It's one of the things that's led to me playing my PS4 less often. Can't wait for Sony to add it too.

Sorry for double posting on ya!

No worries! I don't know much about it, so I'm looking for any and all input. As I said, I'm looking to use my A50s exclusively on the PS4, just so I don't have to move them back and forth between that and the Xbox. It's not a huge deal, but I like my Sennheisers enough to just use those on Xbox, I think, and they really are great cans.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread