News flash! (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, February 25, 2018, 01:25 (2253 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Avateur posts only when he sees an opportunity to express his irrational visceral hatred of 343. [yawn]

I can't exactly criticize, as I want off pretty good on SpaceX and Tesla not that long ago, but I can't understand the raw hatred for 343. Yeah, they made a sort of broken game in MCC, but Halo 4 and Halo 5 were good games, at least from a technical perspective. Given the difficult task (I assume) of making four games work as one package in a pretty seamless way, I can forgive them the problems in MCC.

Folks are obviously free to dislike them, but a company making a sort of broken game doesn't rate all that high on my personal hatred scale. I mostly just try to move on with my life.

I think a lot of it stems from 343's history with being flat-out dishonest with people. In fact, they recently acknowledged this in their "New beginnings" segment of the MCC update, where they said that they're going to be transparent, honest, and consistent from now on (no doubt jumping on the "please don't do to us what you just did to Bungie" train).

The lack of quality in their products wouldn't be so bad if they didn't consistently lie through their teeth at people (do I really have to bring up examples? Surely everyone can think of their favorites at this point).

Avateur is a bit over the top, but he's not entirely unjustified in how he feels towards 343, given their track record (I mean, MCC launched in 2014, and here we are in 2018 listening to 343 say "okay, this time it'll work! Honest! We're listening now!")

*shrug*
At least they aren't rushing Halo 6 out the door.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread