Foolish consistency (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, February 27, 2018, 09:08 (2251 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I noticed with some interest that I seemed pretty ticked in the heat of the moment and even used the "lie" word, which is funny because that's not how I remember it going down. I guess I'm forgetful or forgiving or both, or maybe those qualities go hand in hand?

I'll own it. I think there's a matter of perspective over the course of years and whether the perceived value of my interactions with 343 have been worthwhile from a consumer perspective. In that context, I've had disappointments, but I've not felt ripped off. (To touch on another hot rail here, I've not indulged in the microtransactions in the new Halos.)

Not unrelated, once I had a girlfriend who never forgave anyone any slight. She had an elephant's memory about such things, and since everyone makes mistakes, she was always on her way to being mad at everyone (and expected you to be, too, in solidarity with her). She was really good at staying miserable. I'm glad she's an ex-girlfriend.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread