State of the Eververse (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, October 17, 2019, 08:24 (1650 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Let me preface this by saying I’m okay with the Eververse in theory. I bought the Hunter armor set because I really like it, and I feel totally good about my purchase.

This post on reddit dives into how the Eververse works and covers the weekly item rotation in the past compared to now. It seems exceptionally scummy in a way that feels totally unnecessary.

I will say that I agree with some of this guys ideas and I like how he methodically lays those ideas out. However, it's really hard to full agree with his idea that Bungie is "scummy" and I quote from his TLDR

Bungie is intentionally being vague about Eververse to get as much money out of you as possible.

The biggest reason I can't get on board with this is that I just honestly can't get behind someones views if they don't try to see both sides. This entire thing feels like a rant because there is absolutely no views on Bungie's side. It's easy to make the statements like what is quoted above because this author is intentionally making Bungie out as a faceless money grabbing corporation.

Secondly, I feel like this piece is also based on the fact that players are entitled to be able to get every single item in this game without paying more money than the base cost of the game and seasons. That to me is absurd. Items that affect the game? Sure, I'm with you on that. But cosmetics? Again, you can argue stuff like cost of these things but the fact that Bungie is trying money off of cosmetics is perfectly reasonable to me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread