Now you're just being disingenuous (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, October 19, 2019, 11:34 (1652 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Ragashingo, Saturday, October 19, 2019, 11:42

I’m done, indeed. (:

It feels silly to keep going past the "I'm done" marker... but sure, why not. It happens. I mostly see this as a nice cool down after a heated debate. Not a failing on your part or mine for continuing after we said we wouldn't. Especially when we're not redebating the points we already walked away from.

I don’t hate you. Just needed that to be known. I communicate the way I communicate. Believe it or not, I do work on it. I know I come off as abrasive. If you sat down and talked to me face to face, I wager you’d not have that impression, even if the words I said were nearly identical.

I offer no excuses. I don’t regret anything I said, and I’d do it again tomorrow (until Claude gets fed up and gets rid of me for a few days, which might not be far off).

Yeah. I get it. I feel the same. I hold you in no ill will. And I don't apologize for my actions, either. Again, this whole thread was both meaningful and fun. I'm sure we could have a good lunch discussion if we were in the same place, no problem.

Here’s the difference: I don’t pretend I have some sort of moral high ground then turn around and do the same thing I lambast others for in the next paragraph.

Well... except in that paragraph there, at least. You do see the irony, right?? "We both do A but at least I don't do B."? :p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread