Not banning anyone. Just wish we could all be more civil. :( (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, October 19, 2019, 11:30 (1652 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I offer no excuses. I don’t regret anything I said, and I’d do it again tomorrow (until Claude gets fed up and gets rid of me for a few days, which might not be far off).

You're not gonna get banned for anything said in this thread. Neither is anyone else (though Korny's response to Raga this morning came pretty close).

I just wish we could stay on the actual discussion, and not turn to personal attacks. (And yes, both sides are guilty of this; Raga's been doing it too, though he stepped back and brought his argument back to a higher level after his hyperbolic post.)

Everyone comes here with history. Some of us have personal stakes in the argument, some see it as an example of a bigger issue. (Some are in both of those camps, and others besides.)

Your point that your words probably wouldn't be taken the same way if spoken face to face are absolutely true, and something we ALL need to remember; it's super-easy to see the text, shorn of human context (like tone of voice, or a smile on the face, or a raised eyebrow) and put a spin on the other guy's argument that really wasn't intended. And then react to that spin.

I will echo Raga's sentiment that discussions like this are good - even when they get heated, I enjoy them. (Cody pointed out to me that I've been posting quite a bit more than usual in this thread - I'm not entirely sure why it triggered me to engage as I have, since I DON'T feel the moral outrage (or whatever the less intense version of that is - I know nobody here is ready to find their pitchfork) about what Bungie's doing to its userbase. But it's been fun, and I'm glad it's been going on.

I just want folks to remember that mostly, we're friends here, and disagreements shouldn't bring out personal attacks. :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread