State of the Eververse (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, October 18, 2019, 07:30 (1624 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I just picked up the new Raid-themed ship for dust. While I agree with you that it would work well as a Raid drop... I'm THRILLED (I can't stress that enough) that I don't have to rely on RNG to get it.

Ask all the folks chasing after the Cursebreaker title how often that goddamn ship drops...

I really don’t want this to come across as me making a big deal out of this, because it is very minor in my eyes, but...

Do you not see how what you just said is EXACTLY what makes this system “scummy” in some people’s eyes?

“Hey, you know how we usually make you repeat an activity dozens of times just to get that little piece of loot you want? Well now you can just buy it instead!”

The fact that some loot drops have been an absolute nightmare to acquire is 100% within Bungie’s control. And of all the possible solutions to this problem (if we’re all going to agree that it is a problem), the solution that Bungie settles on is to sell the items to us through the in-game store.

I have no inherent objections to an in-game store. I buy $25 worth of silver every season and use it happily on cool cosmetics that I like. But this is one of those little things that does make me raise my eyebrows in Bungie’s direction.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread