+1 (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 18, 2019, 07:31 (1652 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

For me, that really is what it comes down to. Trust is the commodity of real value that keeps a company going. Yes, they need and want money, but trust is what allows Bungie to spend years and hundreds of millions of dollars making a new game, and it’s what makes players want to spend their money on each new Bungie game on day 1, instead of buying something else. And ultimately, trust is such a personal thing, we can’t really argue about it. All we can really do is try to get the facts straight, and then decide for ourselves.

Yup. And a company that has a history of flat-out lying to their customers before (inb4 apologists) is a difficult one to trust as far as their money-making tactics go.

Scummy Microtransaction setup aside, I think Destiny is in a much better place than most other companies that employ the Fortnite store model of five items on a one-time real-money store.
I mean, it's not Digital Extremes' official Drop Table page that tells you exactly how to get every item for free to help you decide whether you want to spend money or not, but at least it does have some stuff that you can get with earned bright dust... Even if that list gets shorter every season...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread