State of the Eververse (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, October 17, 2019, 12:46 (1665 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I would also point to the sparrow, ship, and ghosts as concrete examples of things that are not extra bonuses. They are things that used to be earned through playing the game we already bought, but now are offered in exchange for extra money. It’s taking things that used to be expected out of the game and asking for more money for them. I won’t say it’s indefensible, but I don’t think it’s a good look.

What is this 'out of the game' stuff? Are you suggesting that if you don't pay, you won't have a ghost/ship/sparrow?

(For the record, I have never bought a ghost/ship/sparrow from Eververse, for cash. Ever. I regret not buying the Covenant Sword ship - but the fact remains, they've never received a penny from me for any of those sorts of items. And according to Braytech (because DIM's collections page seems to be borked right now), I've got 165 ships, 175 Sparrows, and 184 Ghosts. That seems like a lot, I don't really feel like I'm missing out.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread