Sounds like that there is the problem (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, October 18, 2019, 11:29 (1651 days ago) @ someotherguy

I guess what I'm saying is that the vast majority of entities that sell stuff make use of human foibles to sell more stuff - getting mad at Bungie seems silly to me, unless I'm willing to be mad at almost everyone. (I'm not.)

Be mad. You recognise something is wrong everywhere. Be mad about it! I understand picking your battles but saying "everything sucks so Its okay that this sucks" is a pretty weak hill to plant your flag on.

I'm not planting my flag at all. I'm saying that I have a limited amount of energy to spend, and this is not where I want to spend it. (In fact, this discussion pretty much exceeds the amount of energy I'm usually okay with spending on this topic.)

I'm totally okay with others fighting this battle; i recognize that if change happens, things might get better for some people. (They might get worse for me, in the process, and that sort of sucks... but I'm okay with it, because I really don't care enough.)

For example: let's say enough people get mad, and make enough noise that Bungie decides to be more forthright about what they're selling, and when. But as a consequence to that, they decide to do away with the Bright Dust economy, because part of the issue here is that folks are holding off purchasing things on the off chance they MIGHT be able to get them for free later, and Bungie decides that removing the free option solves that problem.

Your anxiety is now reduced; you KNOW what's available and when. But my gameplay experience is worse, because the random freebies I've been getting just dried up.

::shrug::

None of it matters enough to me to fight, one way or the other. But ALL of us need to realize that we are not the only consumers, and there are people out there with different goals and hopes than we have, and that any change we effect might be bad for some of them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread