Now you're just being disingenuous (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, October 19, 2019, 07:52 (1623 days ago) @ someotherguy
edited by Ragashingo, Saturday, October 19, 2019, 07:56

Even the people defending the practice here are mostly willing to admit it's manipulative and unpleasant, they just dont care/aren't willing to get upset ablut it.

Miss me with that "I cant see a problem if I close my eyes" shit

Yes, you forced a couple of people to admit that basic human nature includes wanting things. Big deal.

And what's the solution that would satisfy you? Let's see:

- We need no time pressure. Well, that one is impossible unless you think Eververse will remain open for the rest of your life.
- We need no placement or graphics that might entice the weak minded. Would a black and white alphabetical list in a serifed font work
- We need no social pressure. Hmm... not sure how to solve that one. What if you see someone using an emote you don't have? You'd be pressured to buy it!

Seems like the only thing that will work is to have no store at all... Anything else runs afoul of your unreasonably strict rules.

The correct thing for you to do is to say, "Man, I wish the whole selection was available." We all agree with that. Instead, you're at "Eververse makes Bungie shady, predatory, underhanded, assholes who intentionally target children and the mentally ill."

Now that's shit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread