I agree. :) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, October 17, 2019, 15:38 (1652 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I got burned bad from the first Halloween event in D1. I wanted the ghost Ghost but was forced to try and buy it through the random loot boxes. I spent ~$30 and did not get it. I was furious. Personally, I think most every item should be directly purchasable. I think the way the store is now is a minor disservice to both players and Bungie! It could certainly be improved!

That said, now that Bungie lets me buy some things directly I sometimes do if the item is novel enough and the price low enough. I bought the Haymaker finisher because I liked it better than the default Titan one. I bought the Ding emote to annoy Beorn while he is in a menu. I did not feel exploited at all...

...but Cheaply say I should. And that debating the point make me as wrong as a the scummy company that sold me the items I wanted for the price I was willing to pay??

No, I don’t think he’s saying that specifically at all. He’s not telling anyone how they should feel, far as I can tell.

Something doesn’t add up here. And I think it’s Mr. No Debate Allowed.

Ah, Mr Strawman. We meet again ;)

There is 1 specific point on which Cheapley said there should be no debate, which is that Bungie has literally hired physiologists to help design an in-game store that uses physiological tricks to encourage people to buy items. And that, unless we’ve been misinformed, is accurate.

You can debate whether that’s a good or bad thing. You can debate whether it matters at all. But there’s no question that it happened.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread