Personal Responsibility. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, October 17, 2019, 18:12 (1624 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So yeah, I think "my favorite entertainment company needs to make money to keep making me the game I love" is a legitimate defense to at least some Eververse decisions. Perhaps not all of them though... I didn't know that the Raid didn't offer ships / Ghosts this time around but the store did, for instance.. I think that should be switched back.

I think if an video game company has to resort to underhanded tactics to get people to spend enough money to support their business, they need to seriously evaluate the kind of game they are making completely.

I am appreciative of the fact that Bungie is now wholly independent and lost access to a certain amount of support that they were likely afforded while partnered with Activision. I question that they need to resort to some of the more nefarious tactics employed in the Eververse currently.

It's not just the free bright dust items versus silver items. Silver items also are on a rotating stock. I literally cannot buy the items that were available last week right now. I'd have to wait and hope they come back around by the end of the season. You want that Harpy Ghost Shell? You better go buy it right now, because it's gone at the end of the week, who knows when it'll return?

You will never convince me that's not predatory. That's absolutely designed to get people to buy it right this instant just in case they can't get it later. The only limitation there is an artificial one that Bungie imposed to in order to get as many people to spend as much money as they possibly can. It's not like they're going to run out of Harpy Ghost Shells after this week.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread