Raids (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, May 06, 2013, 10:56 (4009 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Monday, May 06, 2013, 10:59

Can I get nitpicky for a second?

http://destiny.bungie.org/n/220

"As a Raid Designer you will work with Designers, Artists, Engineers, and Producers to create memorable, bond-building encounters that players will scour YouTube to defeat."

Why on earth would you go to youtube to figure out how to defeat the RAIDs? Isn't figuring it out the whole entire fun of them? Isn't this essentially saying:

As a Raid Designer you will work with Designers, Artists, Engineers, and Producers to create memorable, bond-building encounters that players will not want to figure out how to defeat on their own, and so will turn to youtube so they don't have to."

If this is something players won't want to actually do themselves, or can't be bothered to do themselves, isn't that admitting the activity is kind of bad?

Is this really the way designers think? Stay on your toes guys; don't succumb to this.

I will admit that I know very little about endgame MMO play, so maybe someone could educate me a bit about such encounters. Is it common to simply follow a guide to beat the megabosses instead of working through it on your own? How much skill does it take? Can you do it alone or do you need to party up?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread