Raids (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, May 06, 2013, 14:12 (4009 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I will admit that I know very little about endgame MMO play, so maybe someone could educate me a bit about such encounters. Is it common to simply follow a guide to beat the megabosses instead of working through it on your own? How much skill does it take? Can you do it alone or do you need to party up?

Based on my experiences with Borderlands 2, here's what I can offer. Lots of people follow a guide to beat bosses as quickly as possible, but you don't have to. None of the enemies require it - just some dedication, imagination, and talent. For example, one of my Finest Gaming Moments was two-manning Pyro Pete. Discovering the right way to spec our Commandos, and then executing on our plan, was Officially Awesome.

You've got to be on the top of your game to beat these guys. Even with the best gear possible, you dig deep. There's a couple I haven't figured out. I suspect many go for the guides/hacks/cheats cause they might not be able to cut it on their own.

You can do it alone, if you're into that sort of thing (auto-erotic asphyxiation joke in here somewhere), but it's more fun with friends.

You end up with a lot of 'remember that time when' stories.

EDIT: You know, come to think of it, if you've played Firefight, you know more than you realize.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread