Raids (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, May 06, 2013, 15:48 (4009 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think this is what I'm getting at. You said figuring out SLASO wouldn't be rewarding for you, but you enjoy the execution and completion of it. So let's say that SLASO was a big part of the game (even though it isn't), like the RAIDs in Destiny will be. Now, knowing that there are tons of people like you who would find no pleasure in the formulation of strategies, why not simply tell players the optimal strategy, if it indeed is not fun to figure out?

It is either this, or include encounters people actually enjoy figuring out. If you expect players to go to youtube to plan for the encounter, why make them waste the time? Just tell them how to do it in the game. But when you think of it that way, then your game is full of stuff that has players simply pushing the buttons they are told to. Either told by you or told by DestinyFan89.

Bad design.

Well as far as MMO's usually go I would honestly say from my experience that there is a small percentage that participate in end game raids. Most people I know kind of quite playing or start a new character when they hit max level, so the raids would be for those people that do enjoy figuring it out, and the youtube plan would be for people that want to keep playing and enjoy experiencing the raids without the more difficult process of figuring out how (similar to how SLASO is experienced today). Now I have only played about two MMO's for any extended period of time, so if I am mistaken someone that's more experienced let me know.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread