Raids (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, May 16, 2013, 01:13 (3999 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If this is something players won't want to actually do themselves, or can't be bothered to do themselves, isn't that admitting the activity is kind of bad?

It's a comment on how difficult the encounters will be, not how unenjoyable they are.

I expected more from you Schooly. I thought you were one of the good ones.

I agree with Schooly.

You're reading too much into that entry. It's a poorly chosen way of illustrating the idea that the raids should be difficult.

That players turn to alternative methods to defeat difficult challenges in games is obvious; witness the proliferation of walkthroughs, cheatsheets, trainers, aimbots, and let's play videos.

Even if the wording of the original emphasizes a non-desirable reaction to said difficulty, it still gets the message across, whereas your suggested replacement is both counter-intuitive and confusing. Trying to solve an encounter yourself is the default action for all challenges, regardless of difficulty-- while resorting to video walkthroughs is what people do when it's very, very difficult.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread