Cody, you've WRITTEN game guides (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 17:43 (4008 days ago) @ RC
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 17:48

So shut up. I mean really. You've directly profited from so-called 'terrible design' that makes players not want to figure it out on their own. Ones that they would turn to and pick up before they've even PLAYED the game, because game guides are often available in the store!

Maybe I suggested players should only consult the guide if they are horribly stuck.

Maybe I feel the Portal 2 and Vanquish guides had a lot to offer beyond the hints, such as interviews with the developers, artwork, story analysis, etc.

Maybe the guides went beyond just telling players how to solve the game, and instead taught them how to extend their creativity to solve things in their own way, essentially training them to think outside the box beyond what's in the guide, especially considering they are obsolete hours after they are sold anyway thanks to the internet.

Did you even read any of them?

And I mean yeah, the guides are expected to explain how to get achievements, but you know how I feel about achievements.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread