Looks kind of dumb, so it's very Star Wars alright. (Off-Topic)

by EffortlessFury @, Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 15:27 (1808 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

3. The name is stupid. And it goes against the entire point of the last film, but whatevs.

How's that now? IIRC, we witness essentially the dissolution of the Jedi Order. That's entirely separate from the actual workings of the Force, or the impact the Skywalker lineage has on the SW universe. Much in the same way that our universe has a certain order to it, regardless of whether or not (insert organized religion here) came to be.

Just so we're on the same page, what do you believe was the "the entire point" of tLJ?

When I initially made that post, I was referring to the forced importance of a Skywalker in the Star Wars universe. The point of TLJ was that the Force could be wielded by anyone. Royal lineage or lowly stable boy, it's a force that flows through all living things.

The importance of Luke Skywalker was never his power... it was his behaviour. Luke’s “power” is a direct result of his moral choices, which are expressed in Star Wars terms as his serving the “will of the force”.

Anakin’s tale is a cautionary one that, among other things, warns of the destruction that ensues when you prioritize power over what is right and good. That’s the significance of the Skywalkers. Something that the current creative team at Disney and Lucasfilm seems to have forgotten.

Have they forgotten? I mean...it seems that these movies could be saying exactly that. We'd need the final entry to know for sure though, no?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread