Yes, literally nothing. (Off-Topic)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 22, 2019, 00:22 (1831 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Antenna v. Lightsaber: Today in Unfair Fights.

I don’t think you can use Luke dodging all be Ben Solo’s attacks as “toying” while also saying Luke dodging all of Rey’s attacks isn’t toying. There is an inconsistency in your assessments.

I never claimed it was a fair fight :)

The issue that is being missed here, IMO, is that the fight between Luke and Rey progresses. I’ve already said that I agree with the assessment that Luke is toying with Rey somewhat dismissively at the start of the fight. But I also pointed out that it clearly goes beyond that dynamic, and by the end of the fight, Luke has clearly lost. Against Kylo, Luke is 100% in control from the start of the fight until Kylo realizes what’s happening. Against Rey, Luke goes from being the one in control to desperately trying and failing to retain control.

Plus, I look at Luke’s face towards the end of that fight with Rey, and he looks clearly afraid to me. It looks to me like that fight ends only because Rey decides to stop attacking. Luke no longer seemed confident in his ability to stop her.

I also thought this was an intentional contrast with his later duel against Kylo. Luke did not hold the moral high ground against Rey, and lost. He did hold the moral high ground against Kylo, and he won. That’s how it looked to me :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread