Hellblade (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 29, 2019, 20:35 (1817 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Especially if you learn to string attacks and movements and special abilities (mirror time freeze, charged sword attack, standard attack combos) together to take out multiple enemies at a time and buy yourself some breathing room.

I just got the special sword. The part after that where you're walking through all the blood with bodies everywhere, there's a pretty heavy combat section with a mix of every enemy type. It's a lot of fun! I died once because I got caught on a wall, and it wouldn't let me roll left or right with a dual-wielding guy standing right in front of me. I died and stopped for the night, but I'm eager to do it again tomorrow.

Let me know if/when you get to the end, 'cause I'd love to talk about that too. :)

Will do!

I've really been enjoying it so far. The warrior challenges to reforge the blade were really great. The labyrinth in the burial grounds was probably my favorite. Just had a great creepy atmosphere, and the voices were perfect. It wasn't really a difficult puzzle, and I really wish that area had been expanded so that it really felt like a labyrinth you could get lost in, instead of a relatively small area with just a few branching paths. That whole sequence was just fun.

The one with the glowing enemy chasing me when I had to do the symbol hunt was great, too. It was really tense!

The time-puzzle one was fine. It's a neat concept, but both Titanfall and Dishonored have done it better. Still, it was engaging enough, and that it had the Baldur story in it was a plus.

The blind challenge was really great, too. Playing out a version of one of Senua's darkness episodes with Dillion leading me out was really cool. The sound design in this game is truly the best I've ever heard. It's just incredible.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread