Hellblade (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:14 (1813 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Korny, Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 11:18

I’ve somehow forgotten all about a glowing enemy... oh wait. Not glowing! Flaming with LOTR Balrog-style light rays streaming through the fence post walls! Yeah, that part is incredible. The Surtr fire runs were one thing. Having to navigate the maze and find the symbols while backtracking after wrong turns is pretty pulse pounding.

I feel like such great sections like these cause the Fafnir segment to feel like a step down from the concept (even though it's the culmination of everything, and the lore about Sigurd and then Ragnarok is great), and the game starts to drag until you reconstruct the final bridge. But then they payoff comes...

And yep, the blood fight is the big one I was thinking of. I believe that’s the largest fight in the game. Not necessarily the most difficult, but it’s the one I remember best for challenging me with simple numbers. (Technically, it’s the second largest, but... you’ll see.)

The "Just like Sleep" segment is one of the most fantastic game segments in recent memory. Remembering how weak and terrified Senua was when she first saw Hela, how afraid of her father she was, and the way he was mocking her before and after the encounter to the point of her self-harm with the sword to close the wound... and how that sharply contrasts with the strength she has now, gunning right for Hela and tearing through the barely-there monsters, with the furies replaced by music and ultimately, her mother...

I want to talk about story stuff (like Dillion’s role) but I think it’ll be better for me to wait a few days so I don’t have to exclude other things. Naturally, everything is connected. :)

I'm likely going to do one more run on Xbox to get that 100% I accidentally missed. Eager to see how Cheap feels when he finishes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread