I agree... (DBO)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 22, 2018, 15:09 (2294 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Honestly, I don't know if the change is incredibly good or bad.

I see this forum as a place to post both positive and negative comments about the game and Bungie. I always hope Bungie sees my posts and considers changes. I know they check in here from time to time. I am a Destiny fan, not a Bungie fan. My comments have mostly been related to the game itself and when I see problems, I get cranky at Bungie. I've also give them kudos for good work.

I find elements of Destiny to be too difficult. That's an honest opinion. When I state that opinion here, I often get jumped on hard by this community. Which is the more negative, my comments or the replies to my comments?

Also, is this a community or just a forum? I don't post here just because Bungie might see it. It's also because some people I come across here are genuinely fine people and I consider their comments worthy of reading and sometimes a response. I might even want to play with people here.

Is this just a community of those who love Bungie no matter what? That would be too icky for me.

Yeah, this seems like a way to lump criticism into a pit. Is your post not part of the pro-Destiny circle-jerk? Into the blocked-out category you go!

Blah blah, censorship, blah blah lazyness, blah blah snowflakey.
I get that the atmosphere in the Destiny community in general has (understandably) skewed towards the negative side, and some of that dispirited feeling has found its way to the forum, but this seems like a long-term problem in the guise of a short-term fix for the way folks have been feeling lately.

Trying to control how much people can express themselves is a bit of a no-no in decorum, especially when they aren't violating any of the forum rules.

If you want to moderate, that's fine, but to essentially toss anything that isn't praise aside falls under so many red flags when it comes to having a community.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread