Re: overall tone (DBO)

by Harmanimus @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:53 (2293 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So, I only have one thing I want to respond to right now.

the number of times I’ve seen anyone post about Destiny in a way that I would describe as “toxic” or “venomous”.

So, this is going to use a Document Classification analogy because it is the clearest way for me to present the thought.

You start with a document. You know that there is nothing contained within the document which is explicitly classified. Nothing falls under the banner of "Confidential" or "Sensitive" or "Secret." So that document gets lumped in as "Unclassified." This occurs for the next 49 documents on the same subject. They are all "Unclassified" and they do not appear to be particularly problematic on their own.

So any individual document is Unclassified. However, once you bring those together as aggregated data, the combined information stored within may increase that classification level to "Secret" due to these combining factors.

So, while any individual post might not be of particular toxicity or very venomous, when taken as a whole the aggregation of the posts together is clearly more toxic and venom-filled than any individual item would imply.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread