Regarding negativity. (DBO)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:19 (2293 days ago) @ Xenos

I do sincerely apologize for contributing to any perceived negativity. I know I have. I'll consider that in the future.

I don't, however, like the tone of most of this thread. If this place is so negative, why aren't the folks who are more positive posting anything? Besides Ragashingo putting in real work with his backstory posts and attempted fan fiction revival, I don't see many other people combating the said negativity with anything positive. Instead it seems like people are just throwing their hands up in the air and calling it a lost cause, and that sort of sucks.

Where are the stupid raid stories? The recounting of stupid and fun gameplay experiences? The dumb videos, the screenshots?

Is it because we're in a dead zone between content? Is it because lots of people are currently not playing?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm genuinely curious.

I have heard people say in the past it's just because they don't want to post and be bombarded with more negativity, but I don't buy that. I won't tell anyone what to do or how to feel or lay any responsibility at anyone's feet, but that's not being the change you want to see. It feels like a lot of people are complaining about the perceived negativity without actually trying to change it except by telling the people with criticisms to go sit in the corner.

I actually really don't see the negativity that other apparently do. I do see lots of criticism, and I've actively contributed quite a bit to that. I don't think that's the same thing as negativity, though, and other than a few rare examples, I haven't seen much that's overly negative and mocking of the game or Bungie.

I love this place, and despite never having actually met anyone of you, I'd consider many of you to be friends. I hate to see this place fall apart. As I said before, you all are mostly the reason I'm still here, and a large part of the reason I still pay attention to Destiny at all. I keep hoping the game will give me a reason to be excited about it again, if only to give me a reason to continue interacting with you fine folks.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread