This is an objectivley terrible idea. (DBO)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:52 (2294 days ago) @ Xenos

I get what you all are trying to do, I understand your intentions, and I empathize. It killed me when HBO fell into a pit of negativity around MCC.

But you know what? When something is objectively bad? It's bad.

It stinks when you can't go to Bnet, or reddit, etc without wading though a pile of shit when all you want to do is read about lore, or share funny clips or the fun you have playing. It's draining. But that doesn't make it wrong, either. This place ins't bnet or reddit. And there are few, few, shit posts here.

But filtering those views out is no different than creating an echo chamber where you only hear what you want to hear. There's been enough of this on social media already, and it only got worse with the most recent U.S. Presidential election.

At the end of the day, this is a privately owned website that is free to be managed how that party feels it should be managed.

But I'll say this:

When I read your post, it comes across to me as less

the administrators have decided to try something new.

and more "the administrators have decided they are tired of moderating"

As a moderator, you are essentially required to screen every post. If you are at the point where you are tired of reading complaint after complaint (and that is a totally valid feeling, btw) perhaps you should stop moderating, as you may not be up to the task at its most extreme ends of the spectrum.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread