Regarding negativity. (DBO)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, January 22, 2018, 18:43 (2294 days ago) @ Xenos

I have heard people say in the past it's just because they don't want to post and be bombarded with more negativity, but I don't buy that.

I personally have not posted things because of this. There have been many times in the past when I have posted something to the forums and either gotten negative replies (not usually about my post, but the topic degrades to negativity, or more commonly a megathread (or two, or three) that has arguing in it pushes my topic down enough that people don't know it's there. It happens quite a bit actually.

I'm naturally sort of a cynic, so I guess maybe I just don't register that negativity in the same way.

I'll agree that it sucks, though. I genuinely don't want it to be like that. I like this community too much to see it fall apart.

I genuinely hadn't considered most of the criticism here as "negativity," but I can understand how it would be perceived that way, and I can understand how some would see it as overwhelming.

I'll seriously consider my replies and posts in the future--I have been very critical and cynical lately, but I genuinely did not realize it was contributing to anything like what's being discussed.

Let's all be better, wherever we can.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread