In other words. (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, January 22, 2018, 16:31 (2293 days ago) @ Earendil

Yeah, this seems like a way to lump criticism into a pit. Is your post not part of the pro-Destiny circle-jerk? Into the blocked-out category you go!

Blah blah, censorship, blah blah lazyness, blah blah snowflakey.
I get that the atmosphere in the Destiny community in general has (understandably) skewed towards the negative side, and some of that dispirited feeling has found its way to the forum, but this seems like a long-term problem in the guise of a short-term fix for the way folks have been feeling lately.

Trying to control how much people can express themselves is a bit of a no-no in decorum, especially when they aren't violating any of the forum rules.

If you want to moderate, that's fine, but to essentially toss anything that isn't praise aside falls under so many red flags when it comes to having a community.

First, your reading comprehension is questionable.
Two, I'm noticing a distinct lack of critical thought, suggestions, or faith in our community. What I'm reading here is more akin to bitching and moaning about an invented future that hasn't come to pass. It drips of venom without being helpful accept to question the Admin's intentions. I'm sure they aren't trying to destroy the community, mmkay? So *TRY* and relax, take a deep breath, maybe say something positive or hopeful in among the conspiracy theories, and tone down the venom a tiny bit? Maybe suggest an alternative course of action? Be constructive?

I've read enough from you in the past to know you CAN think a thing through, come up with pros and cons, and deliver them in kinder words than you just did. Instead your post came off as insulting to this community and I would assume, a bit insulting to the admins that are working to try and make this a better place.

Not to you Earendil - I seek to add to what has already been said.

@ Korny - It appears you read this post and instantly hit the respond button without considering the fuller aspects of where it was being said. I understand completely the concerns, as a little bit of what you say echos a little of my mind as well. But - with all the contexts considered, I personally concur with the Admins on this as the best course of action right now. I hope you can double check your thoughts, and do the same, and if not, can you think of a better course of action to solve the issue at hand?

TL;DR - Yer youth is getting the best of ya, yer yipper snapper! :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread