My thoughts/Mixed Feelings (DBO)

by TheeChaos @, Tuesday, January 23, 2018, 12:05 (2293 days ago) @ Xenos

Not that I post much or am good at making points but here it goes...

I completely understand where the Category addition is helpful. To Claude's point, who wants to read the same negative views over and over. It's why I don't watch the news. I cant stand it, "OH GOD TRUMP DID A DUMB THING".... ok and this is news? a year later? Sue me. The same can be said about the negative posts on the forums, at this point its not really news, just reiterating the same ideas, and over time it turns into salty posts because nothings been changed yet. Totally understand, and that is why I think the Category is a great idea. Destiny 2 may not be the best game, but for some people it is. I know plenty of people that only want to have a good time, regardless of the state, and just enjoy playing a game. They do not want to have their leisure turned into a political debate/shitstorm and there is nothing wrong with that.

On the flip side, I believe that critical discussion is needed and shouldn't be filtered. Moderated! but not filtered. The admins are not trying to filter it out, they are leaving that up to the user to choose what they see. I would watch the news again if I could filter out in no direct order "TRUMP/Taxes/Government/potentially racially motivated crime/etc" and instead just see the weather and some sports scores. But over time, I would have a really unrealistic view of whats going on in the world wouldn't I? That can cause some problems.

Some people can also be too critical. I see people who shake their salt shaker on here quite often. They spend more time salting around here than they do playing the actual game. I get it, You WANT Destiny to be better, its not there yet, so you're irritated. I probably fall into this category of belief, but I don't go out of my way to spread that negativity. To people who spend more time criticizing the game than even playing it, I would ask that you take a look at how you are valuing your time. Life is WAY too short to spend pecking at a keyboard upset when you could be doing something you actually enjoy. I could easily shit on Destiny 2 and Bungie in a mile long post, but I'd rather go on a walk and enjoy nature. Everything that is negative has already been said. Just my #Perspective.

One last note. Several people in this topic (not quoting bc im lazee) have said that the lack of positive content on the forums is directly contributed to the abundance of negativity. To a degree, that is without a doubt true. HOWEVER, Correct me if I am wrong, I feel like there has been a lot less community creativity and creations since shortly after D2 Launched (not just DBO, but the entire community). And that was before all the salt set in. It seems like most of the salt around here has come in the past 2 months or so. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think there is a technical solution to this, but if everyone could just take some breaths and take a look at what they are posting. Its easy to type it up, hit submit and walk away. But if its been said and is only going to make it worse, just leave it be. It's not going to get changed any faster on here. Bungie isn't going to come out with updates that fast, You should know this by now.

Did any of that make sense? If not please see my first note about being bad about getting my points across clearly. I enjoy playing with you guys from time to time and lurking on the forums ( I don't post much but I do read most of the posts). I want that to continue.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread