This is an objectivley terrible idea. (DBO)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, January 22, 2018, 17:11 (2293 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Honestly, I believe the reverse is true. I think the moderators here are, for the first time in a long time, actually stepping up and doing their jobs. There has been effectively zero moderation in all of DBO’s history. Yes, around two people have been temporarily banned over the last 4ish years. But other than the occasional stern words from Claude or a handful of others, what actual moderation has ever taken place? Almost zero. (And yes, I’ve totally pointed this out to most or all the mods before. Not like me posting this now is gonna offend any of them)

Why has it been that way? Because DBO and HBO if not all of Bungie.org has always been a very free place that people can post on any topic or opinion they want. That’s not something to be looked down upon. In fact, the way HBO and DBO were run successfully is a testament to the strength of our community and the respect we held for each other. Has that changed? I’m not sure I’d go that far, but there are key signs that something has happened. Those in charge did not reach these decisions because everything was going great, after all.

If anything, I think criticisms of and, sure, even the love of Destiny the Game has far outgrown and outstripped and smothered respect for and love of our DBO community. Yes, I want Destiny to improve and for mistakes to be unmade and unfortunate or stupid decisions to be corrected, but I also want to see our Bungie.Org community survive. I want to see us survive the bumps along the way, to enjoy changes and triumphs as Destiny improves and I want to see us continue to exist and to thrive when the next Bungie game comes along. I want to repeat the logo design contests and the speculation in the face of minimal information and the exploration of the next Bungie universe. And I truly think we were not going to make it to that point the way we were going.

Heck, maybe this “censorship” is the thing that kills Bungie.org, but in my mind that’s better than this place becoming so toxic that next to nobody, including the person who has done so much to guide us for literally decades, wants to stay around.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread