A comment thread that made me think... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 08:53 (2357 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I have a theory that RoI was actually content from the "Scrapped" version of D2 which was hurriedly backported to D1 to stall for time.

It certainly goes a fair way towards explaining the weird relationship D2 seems to have with the events of RoI.

That would also explain why they couldn't make it available for PS3 and Xbox 360.

I would have put it at the beginning, but I'd have had Efrideet introduced as part of the actual story, and have her teach your guardian how to use the light "differently" to explain the changed subclasses and abilities. They made all this fuss about her hanging out in the Jovians and learning "New ways" to use her light and then nothing came of it.

Then, after we've blown up the replicator, we cruise on back to the tower just in time for Homecoming to happen, and the rest unfolds pretty much the same way.

It reminds me of the SIVA symbol in some of the concept art, and the way it's mentioned on Nessus, but not really addressed in any way.
It is possible that RoI was intended to be a bridge between the two games while The Red War was being polished and built, but due to the 2016 reboot, it became just another monster-of-the-week DLC, never to be relevant again due to a shift in the game's focus. Four studios working on the game explains the quick reboot for launch (and the surprising oversights, missing content, and regressions). If everything had gone smoothly, those four studios would have been pumping out a steady stream of content, CoD-style...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread