Would it be worthwhile to get factual? Or analyze data? (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 20:23 (2364 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by Pyromancy, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 20:42

This is fair. I just feel like D2's implementation of Eververse is far superior to the D1 version because I actually have the chance to pick up the occasional thing that catches my fancy. In D1, it was pretty much unobtainable. Sure, it is more in my face, but its also not exclusive to those willing to part with their money.

Maybe I'm missing something. But in D1 we had the silver dust vendor kiosk where we could straight up buy pieces we were missing anytime we wanted. Plus once we unlocked items they were removed from the loot pool. How is D2 better? In D1 we had kiosks that unlocked the special ghosts, ships and sparrows we received from those events. I am baffled that you feel D2 has a better system.

This is totally off the cuff with nothing factual to back it up, but I might guess that the D2 Eververse has so much more stuff in it, that it’s less obvious to any single one of us how much stuff we’re missing/haven’t got yet.

Would it be worthwhile to get factual? Or analyze data?

I was hoping that we might find out more about the upcoming vault solution today, in a THAB. I'm hoping for some real details about that. Even if today had just been as simple as a rough target date (please, give us something...anything) and the rest of the specific detail comes next week when everyone is back in the office? I'm hoping the date is rather soon and not far off into the future or pushed out until the next DLC drop.

I'd love it if the vault solution involves Kiosks like we received around Rise of Iron. The Silver Dust store and kiosks were so helpful that it is easy to forget that we didn't have them for quite a bit of the life of Destiny 1.

Getting back to the topic, has anyone come by a listing of all of the Season Locked items yet?
Prior to Season 1 ending, I transcribed all of the items enclosed in the Season 1 Bright Engram to text. I've also done the Season 2 and Dawning Engrams/gifts.
Would it be at all helpful to post these lists to the forum? We could analyze our claims about the huge loot pool and get accurate counts?
(I won't post them unless there is interest. They are kind of difficult to look at and poorly formatted - the nested nature and categorization of them in game with image thumbnails and such is sure easier on the eyes)

I'm hoping that whatever vault solution is coming will be great enough that having a backed up list of Season items or analyzing the number of items will be totally and entirely moot.

---Edit---
Even further, if there was even just one single iota of hope given that there will eventually be a Season of Triumph when all is said and done with Destiny 2, then many of these ongoing Eververse issues and growing pains will be rendered irrelevant. (remember at the end of Rise of Iron when Bungie uncorked Eververse and was "Pretty Frickin' Generous™" giving out free loot boxes weekly? I sure have not forgotten and I'm still appreciative.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread